Fall is here, San Diego!
Sunny San Diego is probably not what comes to mind when thinking of the quintessential cozy fall. However, autumn is officially here, and we decided to ask San Diegans to finish the following statement. ‘You know it’s fall in San Diego when…’ Your responses were hilarious, and we decided to pick our favorites and share them with you!
Here’s how San Diegans know that fall has arrived!
1. Your friends across the country start complaining about snow and freezing temperatures on FB!
2. People wear arctic gear when the temp dips below 70
3. When I start to hear lots of sirens from people getting in accidents because it drizzled 🌧
4. You see people wearing UGGs and shorts.
5. People wear socks with their flip-flops.
6. Everyone is complaining about how hot it still is when it’s “supposed to be fall!” 🤣🤣🤣
7. When people who grew up in areas with actual fall complain about no fall in San Diego.
8. You hear about chimney fires because of the stupid wax logs.👎👎👎👎👎👎👎
9. Socks & Sandals 🤙🏽
10. When it rains 😉
11. When the Zonies go back to Arizona…
12….you can wear a sweater until 10am!!! 💃🏻🍂🍁💃🏻
13. My feet are too cold to wear flip-flops and sandals.
14. When you ask, “Why is it so dark already?”
15. Instead of wearing shorts, we wear Capris 🤣
16. We had a 40-degree drop from 75 to 35
17. When you no longer see Zonies at the beach.
18. Hoodies and shorts. And the beach is ours again.
19. People wear puffy coats in the rain. They aren’t rain gear.🤷🏻♀️
20. Hoodie season.
21. When people are freezing, and it’s 62 degrees
22. When your rent increases!
23. It’s raining.
24. You put on pants instead of shorts for the first time in 6 months.
25. It rains, and people drive worse on the freeway 😭
26. When the temperature stays below 75 degrees.
27. People wearing their Eskimo outfits in the 60s
28. When I’m still working on my summer tan.
Featured image: Shutterstock