You’d be safe to guess a few of these involved Lolita’s and flip-flops.
San Diego is a truly wonderful city, with so much to enjoy and offer both locals and tourists alike. However, true San Diegans know there is more to their city than just beaches, though they are pretty fantastic! We wanted to know precisely how locals felt about their city, which is why we asked, and boy did we receive! Here are 38 of our favorite responses to ” Tell me you’re from San Diego without telling me you’re from San Diego.”
1. It gets super cold here 😂
2. Giving tourists bad directions to “La Jalla” beach
4. *waterdrop falls from sky* OMG ITS RAINING THE SKY IS FALLING I FORGOT HOW TO DRIVE
5. Carne asada fries and cali burritos 🔥
6. “That dude got some short ass shorts bruh” 😂😂
7. Chicano Park!
8. Sweatshirts, tank tops, shorts, and flip flops!😎❤️
9. Sleep through earthquakes, freak out about rain
10. EL INDIO
11. Can I wear my shorts and flip flops in here? (Walking into a fine dining establishment)
12. Never checks the 5 day forecast
14. 350 flights a day…… one ☝🏻 runway!! 😮
15. Rolled tacos NOT taquitos!
16. I never stop wearing my workout clothes
17. I’ve eaten tacos/burritos 5 times this week
18. It’s 60 something degrees and cold cold out!
19. The barrel
20. Tacos El Gordo
21. 30 mins late after leaving 50 mins early
22. You see all those city lights? Yeah, bro that’s Tijuana.
23. Torrey Pines, Crystal Pier, Sunset Cliffs
24. “You’re gonna wanna take the 15 to the 8, and get off on Rosecrans.”
25. Lofty Coffee ☕️😌🌊
26. bringing a hoodie or jacket with me regardless of how hot is it
27. Pronounces La Jolla correctly 😂
28. Halfway to Vegas
29. What’s winter?
30. Taco Bell isn’t Mexican food
31. You know you’re from San Diego when you still have a tan in winter
32. Sunshine tax
33. Burgers at Hodads, shopping at The Black, and hiking at Cabrillo Monument.
34. Soapy Joe’s
35. Pronounces Jamacha and Otay correctly
36. ALL OF THE “ BERTOS”
37. Should’ve made a left